- Maintains engine lubrication. All the moving parts in an engine create heat and will wear down the engine dramatically without proper oil lubrication. Make sure to refer to the owner’s manual to see what specific weight and grade of oil the vehicle requires and ensure it is kept at the recommended level.
- Cools engine components. Moving parts that lack proper lubrication create friction, which in turn creates heat. Maintaining clean and sufficient amounts of oil is the perfect solution to prevent too much friction and over-heating of the engine.
- Removes engine wear particles and sludge. Dirt particles are deadly to engines. Over time, dirt can cause corrosion and decrease the life of an engine. Also as time goes on, oil breaks down and turns to “sludge.” The name of the game is to keep the engine clean. Routine oil and filter changes help remove particles and sludge and keep engines at peak condition.
- Improves mileage. Poor engine lubrication can lead to increased fuel consumption, so make sure there is enough clean oil in the engine. Routine changes and the right kind of oil can improve the economy of a vehicle.
- Promotes vehicle longevity. Plain and simple, routine maintenance makes your vehicle last longer. Dirty oil reduces a vehicle’s fuel economy and power, and makes internal components work harder. An engine that works too hard will end up having more problems down the road as well as a shorter life span.
Our simple to use HyperDrive oil finder can assist you in selecting the correct oil for your vehicle.